Wednesday 13 February 2008

Bit more cheery

Far more cheerful today in spite of a couple of disturbed nights as both Rosie and I are recovering from colds.

I'm really happy that I'm managing to carry on expressing, I know it puts extra pressure on myself but we're both doing okay at the moment. I'm now managing to totally feed her on breastmilk in a bottle and have been managing to freeze some extra for the last few days. So, on my birthday (14th March), I'll be able to have loads of wine (well quite a lot anyway) and not worry about Rosie getting the aftereffects.

I was amused yesterday as at my breastfeeding support group the leader agreed that its okay to dilute boozy breastmilk with sober milk. So that's what I've been doing when I do have a couple of units just to be on the safe side.

I'm back at my bellydancing, the weather has improved loads and I've made a new friend at pramclub, it's nice to meet other mums and reassuring to hear other babies fussing and crying.

Foodwise, I'm still eating too much sugary stuff when I'm not really hungry (grazing). However, I'm also eating fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and I thought about why I was overeating whilst I was doing it yesterday and realised it was just because I was worried I'd been whingy at my breastfeeding class and going on about my problems and that I might be annoying to the other members or the 'leader'. So, at least I was able to notice my thoughts.

I told myself that it didn't matter and that I just needed to put it behind me and that it was ok not to be perfect and didn't overeat as badly as I might have done. Also that I don't need other people's approval and that helped. At least I noticed!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

The past is gone.. good for you stopping worrying about it.
I'm really glad you've found the support and company you need in the same stage of life as you... that can really help boost your confidence too as you realise that actually you've been doing fine and Rosie is thriving .
Wonder what sort of fun I'll have trying to convince my DD of that next August? ;D