Monday 4 August 2008

How did that happen?

Whoops, didn't mean it to be so long since I posted.

So what's been happening? Well, Rosie has been growing ridiculously fast (7.5 months old now!). She's on solids and we're having lots of fun feeding her new things.
I'm being made redundant on the 16th August and am trying to find a new job in a library. This isn't such a bad thing as they're giving me about 4.5k redundancy money so I can stay at home with Rosie for a while longer.

I've had a few interviews, one my local council library which went really well but I didn't get as I don't have library experience and one at an educational library (in a nearby town) which I'm still waiting to hear about. The good news about the first interview was that they're keeping me on file and may have a job for me in a couple of months. I'm really excited about this prospect as I've always fancied working in a library but without a librarian qualification was concerned about the wage. Since I'm now planning on working just to get out of the house and earn a little extra for 'nice stuff' this is less of an issue.

The educational library would be good too, but would involve a bit of travel and I have to admit I'm slightly less excited at the prospect as you don't get to be involved in some of the aspects that attract me to a library like reading groups and visiting people to talk about books. On the other hand, the hours are quite good and it would get me that crucial library experience.

No comments: