Tuesday 19 August 2008

Uphill struggle

I had a minor success yesterday, I kind of missed lunch and got to about 5pm and realised I was starving whilst in Sainsbury's. Obviously our cupboards are now particularly full of nice things, but I managed to talk to myself and ask if I really wanted sweet food or something a little more filling.

When I tuned in, I realised that actually, a spring roll, an onion bhaji and a chicken thigh were what my body wanted as well as a sugar rush. So I had two pieces of toblerone (my current food I like) plus the above. And oh, they were tasty and I felt good! Then later on, I didn't really want much for dinner and I happily left half of what was on my plate. I need more days like that, but it was good.

Generally I still struggle, I oscillate between thinking it's better not to buy sweets and that I like to have something sweet in the house for when I want it. I can now eat a few pieces of chocolate rather than the whole bar, what I'm doing when I remember is tuning into see whether it's what I really want.

We probably drink too much wine too, which doesn't help. My consumption has decreased (well it went to almost zero whilst pregnant) but it is slowly increasing and I'm aware that wine has calories too. I don't drink until late in the evening as I'm still expressing milk full time and don't want to give Rosie boozy milk (except when she's a complete nightmare sleeper!). But still, I know they're wasted calories whilst tasting good.

2 comments:

Stephbospoon said...

Oooh onion Bhaji! I guess ita all about baby steps and being kind to youself. Are you still wanting to lose weight or are you happy at the weight you are at?

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right
here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.
unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often
inside case you shield this increase.

Feel free to surf to my homepage :: payday lones