Thursday 9 August 2007

happy days

The morningsickness seems to have gone again (phew!). I'm waking up more slowly and sitting on my gigantic maternity pillow so that I gradually 'come to.'

I'm in a good mood today, I've got swimming tonight as aquanatal is cancelled and the weather's been nice all week - what a difference that makes. Oh, and there was one jacket potato left at Top Nosh (our local lunch takeaway) and I got it and what sounds like a lovely fruit box.

Also, mum is sending me baby stuff from M & S - I don't know what, so it's a surprise, the best sort of present. And now I feel the baby kicking all the time I really feel it's all happening.

I gave work my maternity leave letter and will be finishing at the beginning of November (including my 2 weeks leave that's left) and returning the following November. How good is that! Of course, I still have to get to November, but it's not that long now - about 10 weeks.

The final thing that makes me cheerful is that I have the 20 week scan on Monday - I can't wait to see our little sprout again. I hope it's all healthy and okay but I'm sure that feeling lots of kicks is a good sign.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, it's all getting so exciting!

I'm finding it really interesting hearing about your pregnancy, there are quite a few things that are so different to NZ!

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

What things are different Kate? (and hello again!) Do you have more scans or a similar quantity?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you so much for your lovely messages on my blog about the "psychic". That really meant a lot and I take on board what you say!!

Anonymous said...

How fantastic that you are feeling lots of baby kicks. That must be a wonderful feeling for you knowing all is well. Very exciting too!! I think it is fabulous that you are having a year's maternity leave too. The best thing for mum and baby!! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy.

hello : ) said...

thankyou for your support its hard to see sometimes how far you have come. reading about your pregnancy is wonderfully magical you are going to make a great mum xxx