Thursday 10 January 2008

Learning from my baby

It's fascinating seeing the little new life unfolding and developing in front of my eyes. It's teaching me about eating and being. Rosie demands food and can be hungry half an hour after her last meal and as far as she's concerned that's that. She won't wait, she wants it immediately (unfortunately). Demand feeding seems to be me to be intuitive eating.

She's so happy afterwards, full and satisfied. Rosie lives fully in the 'now' she can't understand why she's uncomfortable or watch it slowly build up, it's an immediate problem.

We had a difficult morning because she seemed to be feeding very frequently and I couldn't work out why she was fussing and crying. Usually I get to sleep between 6am when DH feeds her and 10am(ish) when she demands more food. This time around she had two further feeds before settling down and letting me have my sleep between about 10.30 and midday.

Now of course, she's sleeping soundly in her pappoose. And I've managed to eat which is a relief as I was getting ratty.

I had my acceptance letter from BC this morning along with a card and some chocolates. My auntie in Canada has created the most beautiful patchwork baby quilt so my day got better at lunchtime due to the thoughtfulness of others.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Sounds wonderful noticing so much. As for you eating.. I remember being told that an ideal time to have a snack is while feeding her. Maybe you could keep some organic snack-foods nearby just for that? You'll still need meals of course, but it'll help pre-empt the irritability that hunger can bring? :D

Jane said...

Rosie sounds so adorable!!!!!!!! Beautiful, beautiful baby. xx