Tuesday 18 March 2008

Day 1

I've put all of the SW magazines into a black bin liner and they're just waiting to be recycled. So my first task is complete. I don't actually think very frequently about dieting nowadays, primarily because it just doesn't work for me - I only last a few hours so it's pointless and I want to eat more than normal to use up my points/syns/whatever.

Day 2 - my task is to tune in and ensure that I eat when I'm actually hungry. This isn't a problem with my main meals, but I'm commiting to doing it specifically with my snacking. I'm going to write down when I'm eating, how much and how I've felt at the time. I did this when I first started IE, using Normal Eating's method (which is based on Geneen Roth's journaling of food).

When I'm out I'll 'tune in' carefully beforehand and record it afterwards as I'm hoping to go to Baby Boogie and am likely to have a scone afterwards. The commitment is to only eat if I actually need to.

I don't really have the time to write it all down for a week or more, but feel I could manage one day. So that's my plan...

No comments: