Friday 26 January 2007

Life changes

I recently received information about becoming a Beyond Chocolate fairy which I thought would be absolutely brilliant and something I'd love to be able to do. Unfortunately it's a paid for course (costing several thousand pounds). At the moment my monetary situation just wouldn't make this possible and also I'd have to take a lot of time off work.

Feeling a bit crushed I mentioned it to my mum when I went to visit her and she offered to pay half! This made me feel much happier.

Anyway, I was talking to my mum and sister and saying that my boss has told me that I need to become more 'hard-nosed' and confident if I want to succeed in marketing. Apparently I'm too 'nice' and 'happy' and need to be more 'self-assured'. Mum said she'd never seen me in marketing and my sister (who's an occupational psychologist) told me about life-coaching and suggested that I'd be good at it.

So I've requested information from Newcastle College (it's distance learning) and I'm going to find out more. I'd still love to be a BC fairy, but will have to leave it until I'm off work (fingers crossed) on maternity leave.

I shouldn't have posted about WW, I seem to have been rebelling against this idea ever since by eating all sorts of rubbish in a guilty, hurried manner. I even gobbled down chocolate cake on Wednesday before meeting my mum and sister when I knew I was eating out. (Why do I do this? I know it's related to anxiety). It just goes to show how much restricting makes me rebel. (sigh)

2 comments:

Stephbospoon said...

Hello! Its great to hear that you're planning so many exciting things for the future. Good luck and fingers crossed!
As for WW, you've just proved to yourself (and to us) that what BC and others say is true, as soon as food is restricted it becomes the most delicious and tempting thing ever!
Nevermind! I'm doing a similar thing myself (anxiety eating) it is tough but at least we have realised we're doing it. maybe we can help each other find a solution?
Much love B x

Chocolate Fairy said...

Hi Liquorice Torpedoes!
Audrey - from Beyond Chocolate here! Just discovered your blog...fantastic! We are so honoured to have inspired this and would love to contribute in some way...can't seem to find your email or details anywhere...so get in touch!