Sunday 21 January 2007

waist not

This week, I'm supposed to be thinking about how we deal with food waste. I'm quite good at throwing 1/2 plate away, but I'm going to use a smaller plate so that I take smaller portions and just go back for seconds.

It's weird, I'm quite happy leaving savoury food, but find it very hard to eat half a pudding and judge when I'm full.

I'm hungry at the moment, I've been away for the weekend which was a lot of fun, but involved overindulging in free wine both nights. Consequently I'm rather tired. Today I've hardly eaten anything, primarily because if I'm even mildly hungover the last thing I want to do is to eat. And secondly because I couldn't be bothered and we don't have anything I fancy in the house.

My DH is cooking dinner, (he's good like that). It's lamb chops in a morroccon stylee. We're going to watch Battlestar Gallatica whilst it's cooking. I'm hungry now - hope it won't take too long to cook.

2 comments:

lisa jane said...

wooo hoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad that you have started a blog,im running back to my blogspot to link you ;)

how very exciting.Stick with it (blogging),I find it really helps :)
xxxxxxxxxxx

lisa jane said...

Have you tried experimenting on sweets for dinner?

sweets is a hard one because they are often served after a meal,when most of your hunger is satisfied anyway.I leave room for sweets but cant say that i am ever really still hungry when i eat them.I think its harder to listen to our tummys when we are not that hungry in the first place.

Maybe if you tried having the sweets first a few times, (what fun),when you really are hungry then it will be easier to listen to your body and they will become a bit less of a novelty.