Sunday 11 February 2007

Not judging by appearances

I sat last night and re-watched Shrek. It is one of my favourite films. I love the fact that the Princess isn't perfect and that it reminds children that it's ok to have self-doubts and that you shouldn't judge by appearances.

I suppose it's something we all need to remember in life, that 'ugly' people often are lovely, and that even beautiful princesses aren't perfect. The other lesson has to be that when you love someone or are their friend you don't care if they're black, pink, brown or a great big ugly ogre.

2 comments:

josiemay said...

Hi

I have been following your blog (along with chocolate and beyond) for the last couple of weeks, and it has inspired me to write my own.

http://sweetchocolatekisses.blogspot.com/

It would be great if you could add me as a link and we can follow each others journeys

Thanks
Jo x

Stephbospoon said...

I watched Shrek too- I'd never seen it before and I LOVED it (I've seen Shrek 2 already though).
Just before the true love's kiss happens, my mum says "So what's the betting that they both turn into a beautiful prince and princess then?" (meaning Fiona and Shrek) and lo and behold she turns into an Ogre.... who says that the ogre isn't beautiful? She is! Very clever.