Thursday 26 July 2007

new arrivals

My friend had a baby earlier this week, it's very odd to think that I've got something growing inside me that will be that big quite soon.

I'm amused at the moment by my family. My Auntie Nancy (really a family friend but 81 and more like a granny to me) is massively over-excited by my pregnancy. She has decided to get me a changing table and has already been into mothercare to look at them and is going to look into John Lewis as well.

I was talking to mum last night (even more excited than Nancy) and she was saying that she'll need to get a pram and a cot for my parent's house. I think they'll be better equipped than we are. She was trying to persuade me to take the changing table now (I want to wait until we've boarded the loft) and we have got approx 20 weeks left (probably). It's all going to become real as we start to buy stuff, so far I've got a moses basket (£5 from ebay) and a cot (inherited from a family friend).

I think i'm feeling the baby kick sometimes or at least bubbles in my stomach. I try to tune in when I'm lying in bed to feel them but can't tell the difference between baby kicks and indigestion. The next scan is in a couple of weeks and I have a midwife appt tomorrow when I'll probably hear the heartbeat.

Foodwise I've been hungrier the last couple of days and trying to remember my tuck box (managed 2 out of 3 days). I tuned in today and fancied a potato with prawns and avocado but they didn't have them so I'll have my avocado tonight I think.

I've got aquanatal tonight which should be fun. So far I've not met the teacher as the 2 times I've made it in the last month she's been off sick (v. bad luck as apparently she's very rarely ill). I'm not sure what to expect but it was good last week to meet other women who were pregnant.

No comments: