Tuesday 10 July 2007

A strange problem

This is the first time this has ever been a problem, but I'm losing weight. Since BC I've lost a stone I was 17 st 10, then got weighed at the docs on finding out I was pregnant and was 17 st 7, and then weighed myself in between and had lost 1/2 a stone. Normally I'd be delighted, but I'm actually a bit worried that the baby will be hurt in some way. I was sure I'd put weight on but weighed myself on my parents scales and was down to 16st 10!

Obviously I'm still obese but I don't want to lose a lot of weight whilst I'm pregnant (now 4 months). It's not been on purpose, in fact i'm probably eating fattier foods than before. I was talking to DH about it and he said that I was eating less at mealtimes and having smaller portions.

So I'm in an odd position. Should I be worried? I'll talk to the midwife about it, but I really am not that hungry or at least not every day. Maybe I've finally 'got' intuitive eating? Or maybe I'm eating in a dangerous way? What do you think?

4 comments:

Nicola said...

If you are listening to your hunger signals and not starving yourself then you will be fine. Your baby will get your nutrients before you do as well.

Thanks for your comment. I think I've just had a few good days, but I'm struggling again tonight. Nothing major, but I ate past my full signal and I feel horribly uncomfortable now. I'm trying to think positively but it's hard.

I love reading your blog BTW, and when I saw your avatar on the BC forum I thought it was you! :)

Nicola said...

Hiya
Yes it is PND. I've been on anti-depressants since February, and have been waiting since March to see a counsellor. I'm getting better now, I have some good days now! :D
Thanks for your concern :O)

nofoodisforbidden said...

I wouldn't worry about it. (losing weight) The baby will be getting what he/she needs from your stored fat, and you will be thinner when you give birth. It's a 'win win' situation!

wife2abadge said...

I agree -- don't worry. My MIL was on Weight Watchers (per her dr's instructions) while PG!