Tuesday 31 July 2007

Angry!

I'm annoyed today. I got into work and my boss gave me my CDPM (appraisal document with a list of goals). The thing is, this is supposed to have been given out in JANUARY!And it has a creation date of 4/2/07! Even worse, it's got goals due that are ongoing or due to be completed by 1st Sept.

I'm leaving on maternity leave at the start of November. That doesn't leave very long to achieve these goals satisfactorily. And the document was just dumped on my desk, with a sorry it's taken so long. But today's 31st July GRRRR!!!

If I achieve these goals I get a bonus, well that's likely to happen- not!

Prior to this I was feeling quite good as I had a productive weekend of painting. I sanded down an old chest of drawers and painted the outside in white and the drawers in primary colours. Then we painted shelves in the same colours. It looks really good and i'm proud of myself for doing it as my DIY skills and artistic skills are non-existent. It's starting to feel like the baby really will be here at xmas time.

I still haven't really felt movement yet (now 19.5 weeks), occasionally I've felt flutters I think. I went to the midwife on Friday and my blood pressure was 115/60 (compared to 145/80 when I found out I was pregnant). My uterus is where it's supposed to be (near my bellybutton) and the midwife listened for the heartbeat on the doppler and found it immediately - it was wonderful to hear and you could also hear little kicks (aah!).

My next scan is on 13th August which I'm looking forward to, and on Saturday I went with DH to Bloomin marvellous (maternity/baby shop) to get a present for a friend's new baby, then Mothercare World, where I got a maternity swimsuit and finally to BabiesRUs just looking at stuff. I think DH is gradually getting used to the idea it's happening as well.

I still haven't bought any baby clothes but may have to get a set of babygros soon before my mum buys everything it could ever need!

3 comments:

hello : ) said...

i love your post today its great to see someone else acknowleding their anger and blogging about its quite a strong emotion to have to deal with

Lotus Flower said...

How exciting! And how wonderful that you have actually lost weight, even though you're pregnant. Don't worry about it (I'm referring to an earlier post) - it's better to lose weight than to put on loads. I'm sure the baby will be fine. (My mum is a gynaecologist.)
Are we not going to have a link to your scan this time?!

Lotus Flower

Anonymous said...

Always lovely to read about your pregnancy and your growing excitement. I'm so happy for you!!