Wednesday 5 December 2007

baby update

Well, they couldn't do the ECV as there's not enough amniotic fluid so it's less likely to turn around. Sadly seems the end of homebirthing plan.I've to go in for monitoring on Friday and again on monday and then on Wednesday 12th (when I'm about 39 weeks) they'll be doing a c-section. Yikes.

The monitoring is in case the baby shows signs of distress as a lack of amniotic fluid isn't good. I'm a bit upset and disappointed, although I know there are some advantages to c-sections. I'm a bit nervous of hospitals (never been in one overnight) and get a bit paranoid they'll comment on my weight.

I've been noticing my feelings which are very mixed and mostly a bit sad and trying to accept them rather than ignoring them or eating! It all feels a bit raw and I may write to my body again as I think it's disappointed that it all worked ok and I've been over ruled by science!

However, there are advantages to this new plan, namely that I know when the baby's going to come out (unless I go into labour before wednesday or the baby shows signs of distress on friday/monday).

I can mentally prepare myself and am getting over the fact I won't get my own way with this birth. I'll be okay. So all in all, yesterday was a bit fraught.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

It's a shame you have to alter your plans, but just think you'll be alert and pain-free when they put your baby in your arms. Concentrate on the breast feeding instead.. the most natural IE in the world and a wonderful bonding. You'll do great! Warmth & light.

Kate said...

I am sure everything will be ok, even if it's not exactly as you had hoped and planned. There's a baby coming, how exciting! Don't be surprised if you suddenly get SUPER hungry when you are breastfeeding. I remember going from not wanting to eat, to being ravenous, and thirsty!

Wishing you all the best for a safe and healthy delivery!

nofoodisforbidden said...

((((((((((((al))))))))))))

Alison XXX

Nicola said...

Big hugs for you. The lack of control is never a nice thing to have to deal with, so take your time dealing with the loss. Don't feel like you're being silly or unreasonable, I think most women faced with a CS feel disappointed and scared.
Roll on next Thursday when the scariness will be over and you will be a mummy to a beautiful baby. I didn't bond well with my first, sadly, but with my second, that rush of love is the best thing in the world. Honestly, I'm feeling broody again. This is not good. :OD

I'll be thinking of you xxx Take care lovely xx