Wednesday 19 December 2007

I'm back!

Baby Rosemary Ann was born at 11.23 on 12/12 by C-section weighing 6lbs 15oz. We're both okay now, although I struggled with breastfeeding at first. However with the help of a nipple shield we seem to have cracked it!

Basically pretty emotional in hospital (I'm not sure I want to watch Holby/Casualty any more) but has gradually got better at home until I'm now almost relaxed.

She wasn't feeding very well which was what was stressing me out. However, she's now got the idea (mostly) and I'm under medical orders to eat pie and cake - for the first time in my life mum force fed me cake! And guess, what, I don't want to! BC is right!!!

Rosie's gorgeous and v cuddly but also v sleepy as has mild jaundice. She seems to be eating okay now as she got weighed yesterday and hadn't lost the ten percent they're allowed to in the first week.

I'm very tired but happy. The first batch of pics are here http://www.richandal.co.uk/photos/Rosie-4days/ - she looks less like a gnome in reality.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh congratulations!! She is finally here! Glad everything has gone well and that you are ok. It certainly takes some getting used to, having a baby around.

She is absolutely beautiful! Well done :-)

nofoodisforbidden said...

Congratulations! She looks really gorgeous and nothing like a gnome! It is all a real shock to the system for you, glad you are feeling a bit better now.
Well done for persevering with the feeding, I found a nipple shield helped my eldest to latch on, she was sleepy and jaundiced too. You should be able to do without it once she gets a bit stronger.

Best wishes once again!
XXX Alison.

Alice said...

Congratulations!
Beautiful baby, beautiful name.

xx

wife2abadge said...

Congratulations -- great job mom!