Saturday 8 December 2007

waiting for baby

Well, so far the baby seems to be quite happy inside. I've had two lots of monitoring, one on Thursday night (11.30-3.00am) when I thought I might be getting contractions and one yesterday, which had been scheduled in.

Apparently it's a very active baby. Infact, the reason I thought I might be getting contractions on Thursday was because the little blighter was moving so much it was irritating my uterus! Still, an active baby is a healthy one (apparently), so I'm comforted by this.

I've also decided to have a pregnancy massage on Tuesday with some of the money I'll be saving from not having my waterbirth. This is primarily to relax myself before the scary c-section but at the same time I may (subject to how brave I'm feeling) get a bikini wax/tidy up and eyebrow shape. I'm treating myself rather than eating and quite proud I've been able to do this.

So this is our last weekend as a couple, next weekend there'll be three. It's all very exciting and we're desperately racking our brains about what 'kit' we might be missing. The nursery is ready, we have plenty of little vests/all in ones and will be buying gender specific stuff when our baby arrives.

We're going to see Beowulf at the cinema today as I'm concerned that I may not be at the cinema for a while. I've also been to see Stardust (v good), Elizabeth (enjoyable) and The Golden Compass (even better) in the last month. So I'm fully up to date with all the films I want to watch.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh I loooved Stardust. A proper fluffy film :O)

I can't believe it's time for Baby C to be evicted already :OD I can't wait to hear your news. You're going to be such a fab mummy xxx
Enjoy your last few days as a couple xx, and sleep lots!!!
Nic xx

Lesley said...

I loved Stardust too, but Golden compass was WOW! It's great you've seen them and are having some you time so you'll be as relaxed as possible.
Can't wait for the exciting news!! :)