Monday 7 May 2007

Brave new world

I was VERY daring this weekend. I went to meet a girl called S. who I met through Beyond Chocolate and the normal eating website. I'd hardly spoken to her on the phone, but had shared my darkest thoughts and fears about food via email and the web.

Anyway, I had been invited to stay at her house and go to the BC teaparty yesterday afternoon and I thought it would be a lovely way to meet her. I was relieved to discover she was as lovely in real life as she came across in her emails and we easily slotted into a knowing each other for ever friendship, united by our difficult eating patterns.

She's just been on the BC fairy course and had really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. She lives in a studio flat in New Malden, it was immaculately tidy, with one of those pull down beds in a cupboard. I'm far too disorganised to ever hope to live in such a carefully organised space and she agreed that it gets a little claustrophobic. I've lived in bedsits before but they were much bigger, although not as well furnished.

We had a really nice evening in, chatting and watching a movie called 'Starter for 10' (which was only okay).

On Sunday we slept in a little, mainly my fault as I was apparently snoring (whoops) and kept her awake. I can't sleep on my tummy at the moment as my boobs are too sore so I'm blaming the baby!

I met my sister prior to going to the Tea Party, it was lovely to catch up. She and her boyfriend are moving in together and have just found a flat to share.

Anway, afterwards I went to the tea party. It was very exciting to meet Sophie and Audrey and they were as I'd imagined them. We greeted each other like long lost friends, more people I feel I know although I've never met.

There was a moment when I looked around quite lost, and then I saw Alicetini, AlisonR and KittenKi and Josie (Sweet Chocolate Kisses). Thankfully we recognised each other and I immediately felt welcomed. We got given wonderful, delicate little cakes and sat around chatting.

Then came the talks, we went downstairs and there were loads of people! In fact, we had to sit on the floor so I'm guessing there may have been more than expected. It was very interesting listening to the nutritionist and doctor turned health coach explaining that they agree with the principles of intuitive eating and BC. I wish that my local GP was as enlightened.

And then came chocolate tasting. Mmm. One word of warning, though, beware greed. I and another lady went to one of the tables where there was something that could have been white chocolate or cheese. We both took a big mouthful. Bleurgh, it was cocoa butter!

All in all, I had a very pleasant weekend and enjoyed a bit of me time.

6 comments:

hello : ) said...

It was great to finally meet you Alison you really are such a warm and friendly person. i hope you can make it to the refresher in july. Thankfully i didnt see the plate of cocoa butter or i think i would have done the same!!!
ki xxx

nofoodisforbidden said...

Hey, it was lovely to meet you! You were just as lovely in RL as you are in your blog!

Alice said...

It was great to meet you in person, you're so blooming!
I'm so glad I avoided the cocoa butter! I thought it looked a bit weird!

A
xx

lisa jane said...

that sounds so lovely :( sniff, but lucky you though :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I thought those pull down cupboard beds were just a made up TV thing LOL How gorgeous.

Oh wow the tea party sounds great, I am reading so much about it in blogs - glad you had a good time

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful you had a good time! Hope you are feeling ok - morning sickness calming down??