Thursday 17 May 2007

Bright & breezy

I'm feeling much better today for no obvious reason. I wasn't sick this am, I don't feel horrendously tired, didn't have any nightmares and I almost feel like I'm blooming. Long may it continue! I have no idea why I feel good but I'm enjoying it.

So, I might make it to bellydancing tonight (we'll see how I feel by 6pm!).

Foodwise, I've re-stocked on liquorice torpedoes, chocolate and ice cream at home, but so far haven't eaten them (apart from a handful of LTs). I had a bit of a worry on Tuesday night as my friend who was cooking dinner made homemade cheesecake with mascarpone and it's a soft cheese. I couldn't ask her if it's okay for pregnant women to eat, but after DH and I examined the Sainsburys carton which had no warnings we decided it was okay. I checked on the web and apparently it's fine, so I'm rather relieved.

I also had a chuckle with my mum last night. She has a friend who's pregnant and has a pet dog (very spoiled) probably as spoilt as my cat. Anyway, you can get a CD of baby noises to stop the animals being upset from soundtherapy4pets. Mum's going to let her know as they're all teasing her at work that her dog will be scared/jealous of the baby.

Have other people had cats and how did they react to newborns? We're looking forward to Milton sitting on my tummy and being thrown off when the baby decides to start kicking- it'll be dead funny!

1 comment:

Jenny Schimak said...

Great to hear that you are doing well. It's nice when you start feeling well and you can just enjoy the feeling of being pregnant.

I was a huge cat fan, always had cats in the house, because, well, they were my babies. We moved house when I was 6 months pregnant with my first child, and we decided that the cat would no longer be allowed inside. After a couple of times when I found the cat curled up in the cot.........(she'd snuck inside) I knew I had made the right decision. I don't think animals mix with newborns. Too risky, cats like warm places......plus no matter how clean they are, they are still animals, and they don't belong near a sweet, clean newborn. I kept my cat outside (she's still outside 12 years later) and I am happy with that decision. I find I don't spend the time with the cat now either, like I did prekids...... When babies come, you have something else to shower your love with - that's what I found anyways... Be interesting to see what others have to say.

Hope you felt well enough to go to your belly dancing class.

Have a great weekend.