Friday 4 May 2007

midwife appointment

I went to see the midwife this afternoon and she was lovely. I must admit though that the badly behaved children who were with one of the women also waiting were enough to make me change my mind! They were only about 6 years old and totally ignoring pleas to sit down and behave.

If the mums had brought a book to read to them or something I'm sure they'd have been less disruptive, it's a lot to ask young children to sit quietly. The little boy was kissing his brother in the pram and being shouted at by his mum instead of encouraged to show his affection.

Anyway, obviously I'll be a perfect mum ;) remind me in 7 years time!

The midwife said that my blood pressure isn't a massive worry as the lower number is 80 and should be under 90. Other than drinking more milk (a pint a day yuck, I'll go with her hot chocolate idea) I think I'm doing most stuff right. And I'm far less worried. I could have a home birth if I want, not sure as it's my first time. Also, she'll come and visit me at home to arrange things, which I wasn't expecting.

My scan is on 11th June, I wish it was sooner, I'd sort of like proof that I'm not imagining it and that there is a baby inside me accounting for my discomfort!

Anyway I must go and eat something, I'm aware I've not been eating much the last few days and I've got homemade sushi in the fridge. yum

2 comments:

Lotus Flower said...

Hi Liquorice Torpedoes (GREAT name!)

I read your blog from the beginning the other day and am really enjoying it, especially now that you're pregnant as we've been trying for 3-4 months. Wow! Can't believe you were pregnant the first month of trying! Wonderful news!
At first, it worried me (how am I going to deal with this IE thing while being pregnant? Will it make things worse, or will it heal me for ever?). Now, I'm convinced that I'll do better than ever, that I'll be able to listen to my body even more closely, and that everything will be fine. I hope that's how you feel.
Don't stop writing your blog during your pregnancy, OK? I want to know all the little details!!

Lotus Flower

Anonymous said...

LOL not all kiddies are like that obviously and I am a firm believer that certain parenting encourages certain behaviour. I know someone whos children act up like that but they are not encouraged to show affection either, they are also growled at and spanked regularly. I understand that everyone is different but some things horrify me and a few weeks ago I nearly lost a friend when she gave my daughter a sip of her coffee even after she said "my mum doesn't let me have coffee" her response:

we won't tell mummy then.

I was furious...my daughter is four!

anyway...sorry LOL I must have needed to get that rant of my chest!

It is great news about your blood pressure.

I LOVE milk!

Oh I can't wait for the scan LOL that is so exciting