Tuesday 29 May 2007

12 weeks and counting

Yay, i've got to 12 weeks now. I'm generally feeling better and hadn't had morning sickness in over a week until today. Today I feel rubbish, sick, tired, down and not like working at all. :( I don't know why, I really thought I was over the worst.

Sorry to moan.

More positively, I had a lovely weekend. I bought a fetal doppler (thing that lets you hear the baby's heartbeat) off ebay and it arrived on Friday. It took a lot of patience, but I eventually heard the heartbeat which was wonderful since I still haven't had a scan. So now I'm fairly confident there's something in there. Wow! I found it again on Monday and DH heard it too.

Most of my friends now know about my pregnancy but I've got to the 12 week mark, so don't mind them guessing. We had our proper Wii and games party night on Sunday, it was supposed to be a BBQ but we had a grilling and slightly pathetic BBQ due to the rain.

I really enjoyed the fuss, they're all so pleased for us! One of them had guessed a while back, another two guessed as they saw the Haynes Manual guide from preconception to 12 months. I told some of the others as it reached critical mass in our living room where 80% of the people there knew.

IE wise, I don't want to eat a lot at all. I seem to get full quite quickly and sometimes have to force myself to eat(!) Today I'm a bit sicky but I'm being good and having soup for lunch (I'd prefer nothing), since I know that I sometimes get sick from not eating! It might improve my energy levels too.

I still haven't had any cravings, though I'm eating a lot of ice cream. I'm trying to eat little and often.

No comments: