Wednesday 25 April 2007

Happy

I told my mum and sister at lunchtime by phone, they were really pleased (apparently mum had a tear in her eye). Mum had guessed something was up as I talked to her yesterday and I was 'quiet as if I was hiding something.' She said it was the best birthday present she could have had and was already talking about babysitting!

I called dad and he was pleased too. He immediately talked about cutting down on booze, taking vitamins (I told him that I'd been doing that for ages) and about watching my blood pressure. I knew he'd worry, but I'm already a bit concerned about my BP as it was slightly high before I got pregnant and to be honest I don't need him to flap about it too!

(He's such a hypochondriac). Anyway, I got lovely responses and it made me feel really rather elated and excited to be able to give the news.

I've found that getting over-excited makes me feel nauseous though! I've still not been too bad, but morning sickness is definitely threatening. If it stays like this I'll be glad!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Awww this is bringing back memories! It is so nice telling family and getting all those warm fuzzies. It's great that you and your baby will obviously be surrounded by love and support the whole way through :-)

hello : ) said...

i dont know anything about having babies but reading your blog is making me feel as kate says warm and fuzzie your family sound lovely and caring. ok im going to calm down now, feeling broody :)

Anonymous said...

it is all so lovely and exciting :)