Monday 23 April 2007

In laws

We told DH's mum and dad this weekend - they're delighted, it will be their first grandchild. It was lovely to be able to talk about it and my pregnancy openly. I'm awful at keeping secrets. We've starting to say things like 'in 9 months time' and 'if it's all okay, we'll need to...'.

I think DH is getting used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to telling my mum and sister on Wednesday (mum's birthday). They're going out to a cafe and I' going to call them both and tell them. I'll be the first in my family to have a baby too, and mum has been nagging me for years to get on with it. Actually, so has DS too, she'll love to be an Auntie. She's 8 years younger than me so I think it'll give her a chance to play at having one in total safety! I'll then call my dad and brother. Dad'll love to be a doting grandpa but I have no idea how DB will react.

Foodwise, my body seems to be working well. I've not really had any cravings, it doesn't appear to have grown (apart from my boobs which are huge and really sore). I seem to be really in tune, long may it continue!

Of course, I can't expect any weightloss from this, but I am hoping that I won't put much on, since I've stopped drinking and haven't been overeating 'sometimes' food as Rick Kausmann puts it.

2 comments:

flurogoddess said...

Congratulations to yooouuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Hope everything is completely fantastic and goes very well for you.

Enjoy your bigger boobs! Heh!

Anonymous said...

It's a great time to really tune in and listen to your body.

I am expecting my Rick Kausmann book to arrive in the mail tomorrow, can't wait to read it