Wednesday 18 April 2007

Is there anyone in there?

I've got some very exciting news which means that I had better give up any plans of weightloss and instead concentrate on healthy intutive eating.

I'm pregnant! Only about 6 weeks, so it's very early days yet. In fact, I was worried about telling you guys, so i'm doing so on the understanding that you're here for me if I *gulp* miscarry. Also, please don't mention it until I do at the Beyond Chocolate party as I may have some friends there who don't know.

It happened the first month of trying which is also really good by me. I suppose it means my insides are working healthily which is good to know. I haven't told my parents yet -my mum's birthday is next wednesday so I think it'll be a nice extra surprise. My DH's parents are coming to visit this weekend so we'll tell them if they guess but otherwise let them know next wednesday too.

I'm telling our HR lady this afternoon but want to wait a bit longer before other people know at work (in case it all goes wrong).

I'm really excited - it's my first pregnancy. If all goes well, I'm due to have the baby around 10-14th December. So far, I've got a bit of nausea and my boobs feel huge but otherwise I'm fine.

I already have some questions for those more experienced than me.

1) smoked salmon - is this a no no? (i hope not as I love smoked salmon)
2) cheesecake - this is soft cheese and therefore to be avoided? Am I correct?

12 comments:

Alice said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

OhmygodIlovebabies!

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=917
<----All about the food stuff

Yayayayayayayayayayayayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love and smoochies to you and your hubby and your bump!!!!

A
xx

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

Squee! Thank you Alice - there's no bump yet I hope! I'm very excited but scared at the same time. There seems so much to worry about. But then I get happy again a couple of minutes after worrying.

And i'm still waiting for weird cravings - DH says I'm not allowed to crave fish, roast potatoes, liquorice torpedoes, ice cream or chocolate. But I am allowed to eat them.

He's expecting me to decide I crave beans (bleurgh), cream (double bleurgh) or pickles/olives (yeuch!)

Weirdly, before I knew I was pregnant i insisted I didn't want pate (I had a tiny bit) just because it tasted rank. How clever are our bodies!

Alice said...

They are very clever!

I crave stupid things and I'm definitely not pregnant. I frequently want to drink petrol. Obviously not something I can indulge in!

Worrying's no fun. Are you sick at all?

I love babies. Usually they love me too, which just makes me love them more!!!! Cute little poopy sick machines, with those teeny little toes and enormous toothless screaming mouths... What's not to love?! I even like nappy changing.

(This is all stuff I have to hide when I'm around men I like, or I'd always be single.)

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

Yeah, a bit sick but generally only in the morning. Also I'm starving by mealtimes and feel a bit low blood sugary.

I'm giggling at you having to hide your strange attraction to cute little poopy sick machines from gorgey man. Poor OH has been nagged for about ooh, four years regarding babies. He had a stay of execution til we were married but that was a year and a half ago.

I think he's mostly in shock, but in a good way.

Stephbospoon said...

Awwww that's so lovely!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, I know how much you wanted this. Yeay A baby licqorice torpedo, how cute???
Lots of love B xxx

wife2abadge said...

Congratulations!! Children change your life in ways you never could imagine. I think pregnancy was was of the times (or two of the times) when I was able to let go and eat pretty intuitively. I felt entitled to eat some extra calories and didn't stress about dessert. Without the stress I really didn't overeat. I hope you have the same experience!

Kate said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news :-) Very exciting!

josiemay said...

Congratulations - I am so happy for you xxx

Anonymous said...

OMG... thats fab news!!! I'm so excited for you!!! And wow, first month of trying, you must be one healthy chickadee... how incredible!!

Off to go cluck to myself now :o) hehehe!

Congrats lovely!

xoxo

Jen C. said...

Congratulations! This is FABULOUS news! :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW that is great news - congrats! I had my daughter on December 7 (1997). It's a great time to have a baby - wonderful Christmas present!!

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you, I loved being pregnant, even though I was sick thru 2 of them.