Friday 20 April 2007

shocked

I emailed my boss today to ask to leave a bit early for a doctor's appointment and he emailed me back saying did I want to take it as sick leave or a holiday (to which I thought what! I'd only be leaving an hour early!)

Anyway, I later spoke to him on his mobile (he works from home sometimes) and said I wanted to talk to him next week about something. He replied 'Why, are you pregnant?' to which I coughed, spluttered and said 'yes, how did you know?'

He's promised to keep it quiet, but I thought I was being subtle! It just shows how crap I am at keeping secrets. Never mind, I was only telling him because of an exhibition I'm going to in a week, when I'm sure he'd realise from the no booze and early bedtimes!

4 comments:

hello : ) said...

helllooooooooooo
wow, im just catching up on your blog,congratulations!!!!!!!!!
yeah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

LOL or it could just be the automatic response. My mother used to always say that when I said I needed to talk to her, the day I said "well yes actually I am" she nearly fell off her chair..she never expected me to say yes.

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

My mum's going to be the same, I'm really excited about telling her on wednesday.

Grace said...

LOL that is too funny.