Thursday 12 April 2007

In the mood

I've managed to eat intutively since last Friday, partially because I've been too busy to think about food and I think also because the weather has improved and I'm feeling happier. I like Spring.

I've been thinking about when I am more likely to overeat and trying to notice it a bit more and therefore avoid grazing as I know it was a bit of a downfall. I've not been tempted by my little box of goodies, although it's nice to know I can eat them if I want to. I'm just not that bothered.

Also suprisingly, we've just not got around to eating our easter eggs (the pack of 3 we bought between us). I'm trying to make a concerted effort to eat more fruit and veg, including fruit juice and dried mango/raisins and smoothies. The brighter weather just makes me feel more like eating these things.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I remember one dieting book saying it's always easier to lose weight in the spring and summer, because when it's hotter you want to eat foods with a greater water content.

I do find this myself, wanting to eat things such as salad and fruit, but sometimes I find it's not substantial enough for me and can end up eating a lot more frequently than usual!

Well done for eating mindfully.

A
xx

Stephbospoon said...

Hello LT! I've finally crawled out from under my rock, and thought that I would say hello... I have been logging onto your blog even though I've been feeling totally sh1tty and I'm so proud of you; you have come so far and here am I still facing down the biscuit barrel everyday..... oh well!
You're my inspiration today, keep up the good work, B xxxx

Anonymous said...

I overeat and graze in the afternoons and into the evenings - it's really a struggle for me at the moment.

that is great that your finding things bright and easy lately. I love spring