Tuesday 6 March 2007

scary meeting

Well, I finally bit the bullet and sent off the email to my boss telling him I don't want to continue with the course.

I got a 'disappointed' email back from him saying that if I can't pass the qualification then they won't want me to be a marketing manager as obviously I wouldn't be able to cope with all the extra work.

Quite honestly, I don't even want to work in marketing at the moment and plan a complete career change when I'm able (ie off work on maternity pay). I'd love to tell him this, but there's no point since I'm not pregnant.

So I'm trapped. I'm going to stick to my guns as best as I can. I still believe I learnt what i needed to from the course, but I'm fed up of using my free time studying. I've already got a degree, a post grad in teaching and the lower level marketing qualification. I don't need to prove myself academically.

This is so hard as I'm awful at confrontations. We're having a formal meeting on friday when the HR lady will be there (which is great as she is actually nice).

2 comments:

Stephbospoon said...

Oh LT, I hope that you get your job goals sorted. It sounds to me like you really know deep down you want a new career and there's nothing wrong with that.... can't you take your current job into a new direction and experience new challenges?
I understand totally with the "academiced-out" feeling. You know what is best for you, so stick with it. Best of luck! X

hello : ) said...

it's a big step making a career change and its hard to know what to do i have gone from working in a very well paid stable job in accounting and now work in a clothes shop!!!! but its great there. do some research see what you fancy best of luck
xxxx