Friday 9 March 2007

Stuff and things

I emailed Sophie, my Beyond Chocolate fairy this week because I was wanting reassurance about the whole eating as much of a particular food as you want and always having it in the house. She said that the idea is to get to the stage where a food is just that, fuel for your body and has no emotional edge to it.

I realised that I might be getting to that point yesterday. I've run out of liquorice torpedoes but I couldn't be bothered to go and buy some more. This has got to be a bit of a breakthrough! That's now liquorice torpedoes, dark chocolate and 'interesting' ice cream that no longer excite me emotionally. I think next I'll look at minty, icing sugar things. In the past I've binged on icing sugar, I don't really do it anymore, but I don't particularly give myself permission to eat it either.

I also had a go at Astrid Longhurst's Anybody Can video workout yesterday. Nineties tastic! It was actually quite hilarious and a good workout apart from the awful music. I bought it because I liked her attitude and 'Body Confidence' book (which I recommend), but I'm not convinced totally by the workout. I think I might do it again and ignore the music, maybe put my own on the CD player. I couldn't be bothered going out bellydancing last night so this was my thing to do instead.

Oooh, exciting news is that I should get my nintendo wii quite soon. Gamestation (uk shop) lets you take orders for them and apparently there are only 10 people ahead of me. I'm hoping it'll be ready in time for my birthday, although I'll be lucky there.

It should encourage me to do something more interesting at home than watching tv in the evenings (dull) and actually move around. I'll review how I get on later.

Regarding being anxious, I read Karen K Koenig's chapter in her Food & Feelings workbook and found it helpful, particularly the point that other people can't make me feel guilty or anxious, I choose which emotions to acknowledge and react to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liquorice! That's great about getting to the point of no emotional attachment to your favorite foods! I'm new to intuitive eating too (started about 1.5 months ago) and legalizing foods has been such a struggle for me! I just bought Karen Koenig's book "Rules of Normal Eating" yesterday but don't have her workbook yet but I really want to get it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm going to add you to my list. Oh and I'm so jealous over you getting the wii soon - my husband has been trying to find it since x-mas but no luck (unless you want to pay outrageous prices!) Enjoy it and let us know how you like it!
Deb (Jersey Girl)

Anonymous said...

whoo hooo - great news. I overcame my obsession with Nutella after following that idea from Beyond Chocolate.

thanks so much for the advice on the multimedia course. I did look into it and it is very expensive for me but I have found an australian company who offer something the same. Its called nectar and its under the Diet no more link in my blog

Stephbospoon said...

I'm on the waiting list for a Wii too! I think Scrat and I will be sword fighting with each other before you can say "Fight"!!! Although, we've been waiting for ages now.
Good news about the torpedoes. I still haven't got to that stage with chocolate but I'm keeping trying.
Love B xx